Information services FAQs

On which days is the Building Inspector available?

Council is able to provide for inspection services for planning and development matters from 8.30 to 4pm, Monday to Friday. Please contact the Environmental Services Department approximately 48 hours prior to your preferred time to make an appointment.

Who do I contact if a street light is out?

Contact Essential Energy when street lights are out. Essential Energy maintains street lighting on behalf of Council. Outages and other street lighting faults can be reported 24 hours a day on 132 080 or via the Essential Energy web site at

By reporting broken or faulty streetlights you are helping create and maintain a street lighting system that is reliable, energy efficient and safer for your community.

Who is responsible for the water supply in Lockhart Shire?

For all water enquiries please contact Riverina Water on (02) 6922 0608.