Lockhart Shire nestles in the heart of the Riverina and is one of it's most productive agricultural and pastoral areas.
Animal Impound Fees
Domestic and stock animals including cattle, sheep, horses and goats must be kept under control to ensure they do not cause damage to property or endanger life if straying along roadsides.
The effective control is the responsibility of the animals owners. The Impounding Act allows provisions to deal with the impounding of animals and the return to owners or sale of impounded animals.
All costs relating to impounding and release are passed onto the owner of the animal. Where animals are impounded under the Act in property owned by another person, or where damage occurs to another person's property, the owner of the animal is responsible for payment of costs involved.
Impounding Fees & Charges*
- First Impounding - $75.00
- Second Impounding within 12 months - $110.00
- Administration Fee - $55.00
- Vet Fee - Microchipping - $105.00
- Vet Fee - Euthanasia - $155.00
Pound Sustenance - Dog
- Per day (incl. entry & exit days & sustenance) - $32.00
* Fees and charges are current as of 01/07/2016. For latest fees and charges schedule, visit the 'Council Policies, Plans and Reports' page of this website.