Lockhart Shire nestles in the heart of the Riverina and is one of it's most productive agricultural and pastoral areas.
2014 Annual Kerbside Pickup
* Lockhart - Monday 4 August 2014
* The Rock - Tuesday 5 August 2014
* Yerong Creek - Wednesday 6 August 2014
For our residents of Milbrulong, Pleasant Hills, Tootool, French Park and rural areas. A "Free Tipping Waste Voucher" will be received with the rate notices, to be used in lieu of the kerbside pickup.
Introduction of Free Tipping Waste Vouchers
Customers within the urban areas of Lockhart, The Rock and Yerong Creek can make use of the annual kerbside pickup.
Welcome to Lockhart Shire Council
Home of the True Country Spirit
Lockhart Shire nestles in the heart of the Riverina and is one of the regions most productive agricultural and pastoral areas.The Shire offers visitors a relaxed country atmosphere that is steeped in history.
Lockhart Shire's main towns and villages include Lockhart, The Rock, Yerong Creek, Pleasant Hills and Milbrulong. Each community has it's own unique character and history.
With a huge range of things to do and see whilst in the Lockhart Shire, you'll be able to enjoy all the sights and fun without the hassles of other holiday destinations.
Lockhart is centrally situated 62kms south-west of Wagga Wagga, 62 kms east of Narrandera and 105 kms north of Albury.
The Rock is on the Olympic Highway 25 kms south of Wagga Wagga with Yerong Creek another 15 kms down the Highway.
Council is mindful of community consultation and when required public meetings are held to assist with this process. Current community consultation meetings.
Coal Seam Gas Exploration
Council recently received a letter from Wagga Wagga City Council requesting our support for its stance on coal seam gas exploration.
- Place a moratorium on coal seam gas (CSG) exploration on all lands under the care and/or control of Council and call for a full assessment by the State Government of the impacts of the activity of CSG on sustainability of agricultural production and aquifers in the LGA.
- Place a moratorium on seismic testing to be conducted on any roads or lands under the care and/or control of Council for the purposes of CSG exploration.
- Not accept any donations, grants or gifts from any CSG companies or associated organisations or their representatives.
- Write a letter of in-principle support to the Lock The Gate organisation and include in this letter the position of Council outlined in this resolution.
- Nominate the Mayor to officially present a copy of this resolution to our current State and Federal local members and forward this resolution to the relevant State and Federal Ministers.
- Place notification of this resolution on Council's website.